Three so far

One of the main reasons I'm writing everyday is so my English get better and so I can communicate my thoughts easily. I've been part of the amateur astronomy club at IIT Madras, Astro IITM, for the last 5 years and talking to the students who attend sessions has been one of the best learning experiences. They have helped me learn how to express one's opinion depending on the level of understanding of the other person. Going further, I'm interested in science popularization and a good starting point, as I see it, is contributing to popular science articles to magazines.

So far, I have three small articles in magazines, two of which I've written by myself and one of which I contributed towards. The first two articles are on the research I took up in the summer of 2013 and in the winter of 2014. The articles were published on astrobites, "a daily literature journal summarizing new astrophysical research posted to arxiv". The third article was an article titled 'Mars attraction', published in the Indian daily 'The Hindu'. By summer 2015, I need to increase this number. At the very least double it to 6.

I am going to get back to work, to struggle with lengthy equations until the point when terms start crossing off each other and everything miraculously boils down to a beautiful equation. Like a magical tetris brick sent from the heavens.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python