Chrome extensions I would like

Every once in a while I go on a rampant reading rage where I open +20 tabs from hacker news, io9, arstechnica and so on and so forth. Or when I'm reading up for a presentation like I was a couple of days ago on planetary atmospheres. And as I became aware, rather painfully, all of the tabs I opened were loaded instantly and when I tried to move through them, chrome would hang. I don't have a fancy system so yes, 20 tabs is more than enough for my system to not respond for a couple of mins. While my patience has grown waiting for chrome to start working again, I am bought there should better way of loading pages where unless the person opens the specific tab, the page isn't loaded. As in a news article which I would like to read would just remain a link in a new tab unless I open that tab finally interested in reading it. I should check and see if there's anything for this in the store.

Also, I would like the history page to not look like a list but rather a tree ie I would like to know what the sequence of pages was that I opened or how I reached a particular page having started on a while different part of the internet altogether. I'm fairly sure theres already an extension for this exact purpose, I just need to dig my bookmarks and find it

PS - I'm writing this post from a mobile device. Again. Hence the missing hyper links. Back to normalcy from tomorrow on. Whatever normalcy is... 

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python