Still on cython

After classes in the morning, my afternoon was spent trying to understand why my codes were running so slow. I knew that i was doing twice the number of function evaluations while estimating the integral of a function numerically but even after i used the correct weights in the trapezoid rule, my code was running slow. I tried cython and it was bit better, but not so much that it made any difference to me. Doubtful that working on an ipython notebook might be a hinderence, I learnt how to build cython codes and use them a libraries in python code, instead of running them on the ipython notebook using the %load_ext cython and %%cython magic functions that I was using until this point. It was a bit better than when I was running the code on the ipython notebook but it still hung up on me after a point. But one thing is for sure, the numerical estimates of error seem way more rational and similar to that I get from C when I ran the cython code than when I ran the python version of the same code. Errors in the python version were all over the place. Otherwise, I did a bit more cleanup of my github repositories and checked if there was anything from before that I hadn't written about or if there was anything that I could zip up and throw into my archive folders instead of using up github space. Having just completed an assignment, well almost all of it, I shall embark upon my journey of the internet. God speed...

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python