setup files

I don't even remember how many times I've installed ubuntu over the last 5 years but I did it one more time last week. Installing the system got easier with time but setting up the system, installing the necessary software was my bottleneck, taking up atleast half a day. And I never bothered writing a shell script to automate this. As the saying goes, necessity is the mother of all invention, I got my ass of in december and wrote a shell script that would setup dependencies and install relevant software. I also dabbled around with modifying my .bashrc file a bit, setting up a prompt that would change in size depending on the window size. There's a lot more to do in terms of bash scripting, I've barely scratched the surface. My afternoon was spent working on numerical integration routines and I guess tomorrow will be spent writing the same in fortran and python. And on the side, I'm trying to learn how to use APIs to fetch data from websites, specifically arXiv. I didn't try hard enough the last time I looked into this. Why does it always take 2/3 times to finish something? For once, I wish I started something and see it through to completion at one go...

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy