Fusion reactors and magnetic bottles

Roughly an year ago, I wrote about magnetic bottles, a way to confine plasma using magnetic fields. Basically, the construction is such that the farther from the center we go, the stronger the magnetic field is and the harder it will pull you back. So if a plasma is generated within the confines of this magnetic field, it will stay confined! And today, I was reading about Lockheed Matrin developing a new kind of fusion reactor based on this exact theory. Science! :D

PS - this is turning to be harder than expected. I promised to write a blog every day but my tendency to be laze around for a day or two of a week doesn't let me do justice to this commitment. I need to be more serious about this. BTW, I got inspired by looking at the daily research journal of a Dr. David Hogg.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy