[YouTube] Rethinking the Developer Career Path by Randall Koutnik

I keep rewatching this talk by Randall Koutnik on Developer Career Path every so often, just to reevaluate my own developer career. I think the "Solution Implementer", "Problem Solver", "Problem Finder" career path that Randall talks about makes a lot of sense, especially in the career path I am currently on.

A highlight of his talk is the discussion around shapes and sizes of problems and that the developer career path should ideally expose the developer to a large number of shapes and progressively increasing sizes of problems.

Thinking about my own career path in terms of shapes and sizes of problems makes me realize that there are still a lot a lot of shapes that I haven't worked with. I think I'm a "Problem Solver" at this point, while also doing a bunch of "Solution Implementer" work but I'm far from being a good "Problem Finder".

 


Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python