You need to go read all three volumes of March right now.

I came across March : Book Two in early 2020 at the local library. I had heard of this autobiographical comic book documenting the early life of the United States Congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis and I was pretty excited about being able to get my hands on the comic book. But I couldn't find the other two volumes at the time so I settled for reading only the second book.

The only introduction to the civil rights movement in the United States I had prior to this book was Leadership by Doris Kearns Goodwin and this book introduced me to the darker side of the movement.

I was hoping to come back to this series and read the First and Third books but they just slipped my mind. I was pleasently surprised a couple of days back when I came across the First and Third books as I was browsing through the eBooks available in the local library.

The series as a whole is a must read for every man, woman and child alive in my opinion. And I don't just mean citizens of the USA but I mean people in general. The struggles and message conveyed in the books transend race and color.

In these turbulent times, I think it is very important to understand our collective history and see how history actually happened.

 



Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python