Scipy India 2016

SciPy India happened during 10-11 Dec 2016 and it was my first SciPy
It was especially fun because after 2 years, I got back in front of people to talk for long-ish periods of time. I guided two workshops, the first on "Automated Testing in Python" and the second on "An introduction to Git and GitHub". I also gave an impromptu lightning talk, on the Trains side-project that I have been working on for sometime now.

The two workshops needed a couple of days of work from my side, as I played around with the overall outline of the workshops and made the specific slides I needed. In the end, both of the workshops were well received, from what the audience said to me in person. A few expected both of the talks to be more advanced but I guess I can't make everyone happy.

Personally, it does make sense for me to modify the content and make multiple versions, which would speak to students with varied levels of expertise. Add few slides here. Remove a few slides there. It will be a good exercise for me, especially given my interest in giving talks and more broadly speaking, wanting to stand in front of people for long periods of time.

Also. The food is awesome. Like in most conferences and workshops I've attended, the food is amazing. The accommodation was also pretty good. So, no qualms there.

Finally, I would love to go back and be more involved with the SciPy conference. In fact, I want to make myself known in the Python speaker circuit in India. I missed out on submitting a talk to PyCon Pune but I will try a few of the other conferences aimed at programmers talking about their work, their interests or what they did in their playtime.

Let's see how those ideas evolve and how well I can implement them.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy