Almost back to Inbox Zero

I don't remember when I started hearing about it but I started earnestly trying to keep my GMail Inbox tidy starting 2016, when I started working full time at Enthought. I vaguely remember spending a full weekend going through my Inbox and archiving or deleting all emails.

I remember running into a lot of nostalgia as I was going through emails from when I was in college, which is when I started using GMail seriously. Mails about coursework, mails with photos and videos my and friends of mine took when we went out to eat.

I let myself go over the last few months and emails started piling up in my Inbox. Mainly because I periodically go through a cycle of subscribing to more newsletters and email groups than I can possibly keep up with and then culling them to reduce clutter in my Inbox.

After many months, I finally spent this weekend cleaning up my Inbox - reading through a lot of finshots (https://finshots.in/), labelling and archiving financial information, deleting promotional emails and so on.

I'm now finally down to 29 emails in my Inbox with 19 unread emails - most of which are related to financial education. I need to spend time over the coming months reading up and understanding some of the financial jargon that I have come across in the past few months. I think it is very important for me to understand the various concepts involved in basic investing - so that I can both make good investments and I can help those around me in making financial decisions.

Now that I am down to less than 1 page of emails (1 page in GMail is 50 emails), I want to keep it that way in the near future. Let's see how long I'll be able to keep it up this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python