Seeing more of this world

I landed in Cambridge, United Kingdom on Wednesday. I was in the car for about a couple of hours from London Heathrow to the office in Cambridge. On the ride here, as I was looking at at the beautiful countryside, I started realising how lucky I am.

I call it luck. Some might call it blessed. Others might call it privilege. I'm just going to call it luck.
I have been lucky enough to visit a number of places around the world. As I was telling a friend of mine about my impending move, they mentioned how this would be the fourth continent I'd be moving to and I had to stop for a second and take that in.

I've traveled around India. I'm not even going to count the trips that me and my family made around the country. After I started college, I got to go to Trivandrum, a beach city in the southern end of the country, to Nainital which sits in the Himalayas in the north. I got the chance to intern in Melbourne, Australia and I got to celebrate New Year's there. I got to visit Ooty, which is a hill station in the south.

After graduating, I moved to Pune for work. I moved came to Chennai after an year and stayed for two years. I got to visit Austin, Texas, US for work and I traveled to Las Vegas.

And now, I am in Cambridge, United Kingdom. And over the next couple of years, I hope to see more of Europe.

I don't think I have fully digested my move to the UK yet. Maybe in a week or in two it will really hit me. The last couple of days have mostly been running around setting up various things I need here. Next week might be better but I guess there will some more of the same.

There's one more thing I am unable to digest. I got to see more of the world than a lot of people will. Maybe in their entire lifetimes. I'm not talking about the people who have the means but choose to not travel. I'm talking about those who just don't have the means.

I'm not sure how to end this post.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy