[Podcast] 99 percent invisible - The Secret lives of color

A lot of my colleagues at the Austin office talk about what their favorite podcasts are, when they have time to listen to them and what not. For some reason, I never really made the time to listen to the podcasts they recommended. That changed yesterday.

I was on my way back from a friend's wedding. On a train that takes 7+ hours. I'd watched all the movies I had downloaded on Netflix and Amazon Prime. And my phone was at < 15% battery so I couldn't spend anymore time browsing the internet. I needed to do something to cope with my boredom which wasn't a drain on my phone's battery. Which was when I remembered the podcasts I had downloaded on my phone, along with the movies.

One of the podcasts my colleagues highly recommended was 99% Invisible.
99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world.
I had a bunch of their episodes on my phone and I chose to listen The Secret lives of Color episode which is the latest episode.

Now, I'm going to recommend this podcast highly to anyone with two ears. Or just one ear.

The episode was awesome and super-informational. I too am highly interested in the material side of color i.e. what we use to make the colors we see everyday and how those materials have changed over time. This episode was in conjunction with the author of a book of the same title.

Now I need to get back and finish listening to Atomic Tattoos.

Until next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy