Bye Bye to Facebook and Twitter

I think it's about time I said goodbye to Facebook and Twitter.

There was a time in my life when I got a lot out of the two social networks. I came across a lot of meaningful content. I had a lot of interesting discussions, which were mainly offshoots of discussions I was already having in person.

I can't remember the last time I had a meaningful discussion on either of the platforms. I don't remember the last time I came across something on either of the platforms which I wouldn't have come across anywhere else on the internet.

I think it's about time I moved on from the platforms. I've mostly been inactive on the platforms the last couple of years, posting occasionally with links to articles, videos and other interesting stuff I found on the internet.

While I was becoming less and less active on my social media platforms, I wanted to make an effort to make my blog more active. My social media posts were usually stuff I had written on my blog. It's about time I completely ditched the platforms and dedicated myself completely to the blog.

All I can remember about my usage of the platforms over the last couple of years was me mindlessly scrolling through posts from family interspersed with promoted content, which was mostly irrelevant, and ads. It's about time I stopped that behavior.

My social media account will be wiped from the face of the earth Monday morning (28 Jan 2019). (On a tangent, why is the it "the face of the earth" and not some other body part of the earth?). Going forwards, if you're interested in talking to me, you can reach out to me at my email address.

Until next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python