I wish i were a machine


Well firstly, let me tell that you i've been trying to write atleast twice a week for the last 4 months. It was one of the few things in my life that i was trying to do on schedule. Granted, i wasn't always able to get 8 posts a month but i've been able to squeeze 6/7 out on an average.
Now, coming to the point, i haven't been able to do the same for the last 2 weeks. For one, i was sick for most of the last 2 weeks. And on top of that, i've been going through a strange patch in my life and my mind is being constantly bombarded by thoughts, ideas and what not. I've thought, more than once in the last two weeks, of making a pill/machine that will help a person completely shut down their mind; no thoughts while you lay on your bed; no dreams; nothing. I haven't been productive at all; missing classes, falling behind on assignments, i kept wondering how it would be if i were a machine.

Seriously, what if i were a machine instead of a human. 

To start with, i wouldn't get sick.
If i were manufactured well enough i would never break down or go under weather.
I will be able to work at my full productive capacity all of the time. And given the timely software updates, hardware modifications and regular maintance, i would basically be invincible.
The ability to work on what i want to when i want to and to be able to finish things in time will actually make me invincible.

Moving on, i wouldn't have stray thoughts in my mind.
If the the superuser gives me a task, i will try performing it as productively as i can and complete it. No distractions, no stray thoughts, no personal problems will come in the way.
And because i am my own superuser, i will be able to schedule my tasks effectively so that i do not waste time on menial jobs and work towards a better means.

So basically saying, i will not get sick, i will be able to perform at my 100% all of the time, i will be able to manage time very effectively and no stray thoughts or distractions will ever disturb me.

See, Instant Invincibility!

So, What is the advantage of being a human?!
The ability to reason and understand new things?! That a computer can do as well.
The ability to feel compassion towards fellow human beings and the ability to show emotion?!
Well, i dont really agree that feeling compassion and showing emotions are productive. They can easily be faked, which coincidentally many humans do. Emotions heavily distract a human and lead to a decrease in his productivity! Compassion will, many a time, back fire. Trust in a fellow human will almost always be met with disappointment.
So, seriously, what is the advantage of being human?!

A robot will not blindly trust another robot, it will assess how productive the other bot is before giving it an important job to perform. A robot will be able to make better decisions once we take emotions out of question.

And please don't give me the argument that the ability to write such an article, follow such a train of thought in itself is what's awesome about being human. I would rather be a gorilla in the wild than be a human who's not working at 100% efficiency and feel like crap because of it!

I leave you with a song and a question -
How productive are we really and how can we improve as humans?!


Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy