SpaceTraders should be educational

https://spacetraders.io/ popped up on Hacker News a while back. It is marketed as a

"A unique multiplayer game built on a free Web API"

I recently started working on a project that uses web technologies at work and we're still trying to figure out the lay of the land. One of the things that I started looking into this week is what the best practices for REST API design are and when discussing this with a colleague, Space Traders popped into my head. Yes, there are popular public APIs that I can use for learning like the APIs offered by GitHub and Slack but space traders should be more fun.

I initially was considering learning a new language (Elm) while also learning web technologies but that might just be too much for now. So, for now, I will stick to writing code in Python and playing with the Space Traders API over the weekend. Let's see what comes of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy