My talk on the data protection bill at MumbaiFOSS Mar 2023

After an unscripted talk on the Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022 at the Jan 2023 meetup of Bengaluru FOSS, I decided to refine it. I ended up presenting the same talk, sort of, at the MumbaiFOSS meetup in March 2023.

I just realized today that I have been speaking publicly on and off since 2009 but this is the first time one of my talks was recorded. As far as I can know. In college, I was part of the Astronomy club and we used to conduct talks, workshops and night time observation sessions on the college campus. After I started working, I mostly talked about Python and the Scientific Python ecosystem. I haven't done much public speaking in 2020/2021/2022 but I think 2023 is going to be good. At the Feb 2023 meetup of Bengaluru FOSS, I was part of a Panel discussion on the "State of FOSS" and at the March 2023 meetup, I gave a short lightning talk on what could be in the upcoming Digital India Act 2023. I can't wait for April. I'm hoping to propose a Panel discussion on Tech Policy with people who pursued the Public Policy course at the Takshashila Institution.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy