async/await in Python

 Concurrency is not something I have much experience with and all of the new async/await/asyncio stuff in Python was kinda giving me headaches. So, when the humble bundle I bought had the book Using Asyncio in Python, I was excited. I tried reading it on a weekend a couple of weeks back and I got a headache. I picked it up again last weekend and worked through the examples as I was reading the book, which helped tremendously.

The book also linked to a couple of very useful talks, which aided in improving my understanding of this new world.

David Beazley on Concurrency

Yury Selivanov - async/await in Python 3.5 and why it is awesome

Get to grips with asyncio in Python 3 - Robert Smallshire

A couple of colleagues of mine at work also recommended two books - "Seven concurrency models in seven weeks" and "High Performance Python". For now, I want to get better at using async/await/asyncio and gain a deeper understanding. I'll probably keep watching more talks regarding cooptive concurrency in the meanwhile.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python