cowlick

I'm reading Word by Word by Kory Stomper which is funny, insightful and delightful. I highly recommend it.

One of the words I came across in the book is "cowlick". I didn't know that "cowlick" is actually a word defined in the dictionary. Specfically Merriam-Webster defines "cowlick" as

a lock or tuft of hair growing in a different direction from the rest of the hair
This reminded me of the comic strip


Side note : I'm a little sad that images of the comic strip I've come across don't mention the original creator of the strip. I'm not sure if the watermark was stripped (likely) or if the original creator never added the watermark in the first place (highly unlikely.)

Also, a "Tract" is an area of land and one of the examples for usage is
huge tracts of land
 which is apparently a reference to the a Monty Python joke -


Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy

Arxiv author affiliations using Python