(Insert witty title here)

I'm having a tough time in the transition from following a daily schedule that is tailored around coursework to defining a daily schedule on my own. I know it for a fact that I can deal with setting my own schedule because at least in one instant (Melbourne), I was able to give in ~9 hour days regularly. It's a weird tug of war my subconscious has between what I am supposed to be doing and what I want to do. Either way, I can't afford to be in this state any longer given that my end semesters are coming up and all that I've put in during the semester will go down the drain if I act reckless now.

And I don't know exactly when it was that I started feeling this way but I just felt as though there wasn't much happening in my life. Anymore. Although there wasn't much happening to begin with! I used to write about small projects that I'm working on or interesting things I learnt in courses or thought provoking talks. It's not like that stopped happening suddenly. For whatever the reason, I just stopped. Again.

But I would like some feedback. I really would. I don't understand why people don't take giving feedback as seriously. At IITM, at the end of every course, the professor is evaluated for his performance during the course. I've wanted to ask the professors who have taught me over the last year what feedback they had, if any, on how the students in the class were i.e if we were up to their expectations or not, if we were cooperative in the classroom, if there was anything we should do to learn better in a classroom environment. There's always something positive to take away from people's comments and if you don't learn anything from what you've done, what use is it having done it in the first place!

Then again, I digress. I shall try, again, to maintain a regular blog/journal/whatever it is that this is. I thought I was doing it for myself and that I didn't care if other people read it or not. I guess I care. Maybe a bit. Just a bit...

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy