Keeping track of my finances

I don't exactly live a lavish lifestyle (Duh! I'm still a student) so it's not like I spend a lot of money, but I'd still like to keep track of my expenses. From time to time, I get riled up and try writing down my daily/weekly expenses. I recently downloaded a couple of apps that I can use to track my spending. The thing with these apps is, however beautiful the UX was, I still had to manually enter the amount spent and when, where and what it was spent on. Well, how will the app figure out on it's own you ask? I'll tell you. And no, I'm not talking about talking to the phone to make note of it (Ohh wait! That might work too!). In my case, I get instant messages from the bank as soon as I use a card for a transaction or if I withdraw money (In fact one bank sends me semi aggressive messages telling me to withdraw at select ATMs!). And I thought that it'd be an interesting fix if I can go through messages, or messages from a particular number i.e the bank, to check for transaction summaries, which I can then add to my expense history. Whenever I get a new message from the bank, the app can prompt me, asking if I would like to add this transaction to my expenses and further, if I would like to add any further note.

But hey, I do not intend to act on this idea. I have enough on my head right now and learning how to create an app is probably too much right now. Maybe another day, if I'm still not satisfied with the available solutions.

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy