-15/05

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've been hanging out with a classmate of mine, who came back to give her PhD entrance test+interview here at IITM. And having finally cleared my course work, I can work full time on my project work. I'm in high spirits, pretty much what I'd be feeling it'd be like to finally get to work on a research topic again. More on what I'm working on later.

It's been an amazing semester. I've learnt a lot, a hell lot, maybe even more than last semester. There's just a buzz of thoughts in my head but the two that stick out. The first is that I'd like to keep doing courses to learn new things, not just in physics but other parts of science. I've learnt that it's hard to learn something new by oneself, it's hard to motivate oneself to keep trying. And personally, I learn a lot more in a classroom that I'd probably do on my own. I'm not saying that I haven't learnt anything on my own, it's just that when it comes to topics in science, I've learnt more in a classroom. The second is that I don't feel relieved that my end semesters are over, in the sense that I didn't really feel stressed out about the exams anymore. I was just getting used to them and, I think, getting good at them. I guess we'll have to wait for the grades to know if I was daydreaming again or if I actually gave my best.

The summer is just beginning and all I hope for is to maintain this level of enthusiasm and work through it...

Popular posts from this blog

Animation using GNUPlot

Arxiv author affiliations using Python

Thoughts on the National Deep Tech Startup Policy